...But let's just get to the part where I prove my point.
|This is THE GREATEST BUS PASS IN THE WORLD. No Exceptions.|
Now, the obvious question is WHY.... Why is this the greatest??? That's a very legitimate question. Allow me to explain....
These are things that I can LEGITIMATELY BUY WITH MY BUS PASS:
2. Beer. Literally any time of day.
3. Not just beer, but any liquor or wine... 24/7... from any convenience store. (There is no such thing as "last call" or "government regulated alcohol" in Japan).*
4. Anything you can fit in a vending machine. This is just embarrassing for the rest of the world... guys, I'm sorry... but you are simply not up to snuff in this category.
5. Did I mention vending machines?
6. Also these machines...
7. Don't know what #6 is? Cool. Me neither. My bus pass is so cool that it LITERALLY DOESN'T MATTER. I'M JUST THROWING THAT SH*T AROUND WHEREVER I WANT.
8. The local grocery store. Not even the "Big Brand Name Place." The small mom-and-pop grocery store next to my house will accept my bus pass as currency.
9. Ramen restaurants!
10. Most Starbucks.
11. And also these modes of transportation.
|JR (regular train)|
|Shinkansen (bullet train)|
|Tram or streetcar|
So please, Toronto... tell me about how hard it is to implement a multi-system train card which would include TWO WHOLE MODES of transportation. The Japanese are snickering in your general direction.
(I'm sorry.... but I did warn you that I would get smug).
*The LCBO is a huge joke to the rest of the world... It's a monopoly on alcohol... I mean, really??? How can you even tolerate this garbage???