Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Shameless Photo Dump of the Summer

Could you old my curly straw for a minute? I have to pee...
 So... I'm kinda broke. I mean, I'm not ACTUALLY broke... but giving away a third of your monthly salary to tuition certainly puts a damper on what you can do with your summer vacation. HOWEVER...

To be honest, I'm totally spoiled, compared to most. My money problems are certainly of a 'first world' nature. Buying cheaper beer and staying away from expensive restaurants are pretty much the extent of my financial "woes." In fact, while I type it out, my so called "money issues" look pretty pathetic. I mean- just look at all the AWESOME CRAP I've been doing;
sit on my penguin.
Lugged a piano around on your back all day, and you STILL wanna go clubbing in Nichome? You probably live in Tokyo.
 Being slightly broke just means that I have to get more creative with how, where, and when I spend my money. For example, finding a super cheap Thai restaurant that also happens to be SOME OF THE BEST FOOD EVER? Awesome. Randomly stumbling upon a TOTALLY FREE choreographed dance party in the middle of the street? Freaking amazing.
 And then there's my favourite activity after a long day... walking around Shinjuku. Because I LIVE IN SHINJUKU... And although Tokyo's one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in, it costs absolutely nothing to just stroll down the street and gawk at all the crazy.
He's showing us the DANGER ZONE.

 In the spirit of the 2012 Olympic games, I found an old Olympics arena in Harajuku from when Tokyo held it in 1964. They still use the stadium for local events, but it seems a little out of place now...
 A friend with a beer...
 Watermelon...
 The king of teeth (?)...
 A photo from the weekend we went to Izu and spent two days getting sunburned and having WAY too much fun...
 Someone just threw all these flyers for local events on the platform of the subway... in a misguided attempt to get some attention, or litter, I dunno...
The Starbucks employees are starting to recognize me...? Or that's a penis. You pick.
Alley cat

Escher in Ueno


WHAT IS THIS?

Shibuya Skyline








Pretty paintings

Ha! Spacial...

Seaside train station

Standing in the middle of the street

30 miles to LEGO LAND

Tiger Woods?

Quick! Look Asian!

This is true love.
So, I suppose life is pretty good. And looking back on the past month, I suppose that I have absolutely nothing worth complaining about. Except the heat. Goddamn, it's f*cking hot right now. But it could be worse...

Oyasumi!

No comments:

Post a Comment